**** Applications for NEW Membership is CLOSED until further notice ****
1 Becoming a MemberBeing a member is fantastic! Each member is responsible for their wee plot of land and all the structures on it. All gardens are strictly organic and We run by a volunteer Board of Directors and many hours of volunteer work. Some of the basics requirements include:
- Plot holders are responsible for the maintenance and weeding of plots and surrounding pathways at all times
- Plots must be tidied and prepared for winter, and must be planted in spring and maintained throughout the summer season.
- Volunteer hours, upkeep and maintenance are to be coordinated by the Board of Directors. All members should volunteer.
- Small gardening structures such as trellises and cloches are allowed if they do not encroach upon paths, community spaces, or neighbouring plots and are pre- approved by the board.
- Plants must be kept within one’s own plot boundaries and not shade their neighbours.
- Taking things from garden plots other than one’s own plot is considered theft
- Gardeners should follow organic growing practices, and may not use chemical fertilizers or pesticides in the garden, including animal poisons
- Treated wood or railroad timbers may not be used
- Watering may only be done when gardener is at garden.
And of course many more...but mostly it's just common courtesy and respect for the garden and gardeners around you!